ENGAGE AND INVOLVE THE COMMUNITY
RC1.1: The City will seek the community’s involvement in carrying out its responsibilities
- RC1.1.1: The City will partner with public events to facilitate “City Fairs.”
- RC1.1.2: The City will identify target audiences for specific community involvement efforts. Partner with civic groups and service organizations to communicate openings on commissions and boards, to help fill those vacancies.
- RC1.1.3: The City will enhance and improve City’s website to make more “user friendly” and intuitive.
RC1.2: Engage our customers and community partners to evaluate the quality of service we provide
- RC1.2.1: The City will continue to maintain a strong presence on social media.
- RC1.2.1: Departments will present annual reports to the council and our community.
- RC1.2.3: The City will continue conducting citizen surveys.
- RC1.2.4: The City will take advantage of other communication tools to improve customer outreach and to solicit customer feedback.
- RC1.2.5: Collaborate with stakeholders to evaluate customer service processes and discuss possible changes in services offered.
THE CITY WILL CREATE A FOCUS ON THE NEEDS OF AN AGING COMMUNITY
RC 2.1: The City will revive and support the community dialogue regarding issues impacting this population
- RC2.1.1: The City will partner with citizens from the Twin Falls Senior Center, Office on Aging, St. Luke’s Geriatrics, etc., to identify specific needs. Partnerships will be developed with existing organizations to assist with solving senior issues.
- RC2.1.2: The Twin Falls Public Library to offer “Drop-In” classes for senior citizens.
- RC2.1.3: The Recreation Department will work with CSI and senior groups to provide recreation opportunities, i.e: Active Aging.
THE CITY WILL FURTHER ENHANCE ITS FISCAL STEWARDSHIP
RC3.1: The City Council will initiate sessions focusing on the financial policies of the City for staff and elected officials
- RC3.1.1: The City Council will identify policies for broader explanation, and Finance will provide training, clarification and transparency.
RC3.2: Create and execute sound fiscal plans and accompanying policies that ensure financial resources are allocated in a manner designed to achieve the strategic goals and objectives
- RC3.2.1: The City will continue the Long-term Planning Committee review of the Strategic Plan, and the formation of a 5-year spending plan.
THE CITY WILL FOCUS ON DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT OF COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS IN RESPONSE TO ISSUES
RC 4.1 The City Manager’s Office will identify all issues included within the Strategic Plan where external partnerships will contribute to successful implementation and actively seek effective relationships
- RC4.1.1: Create a written partnership plan for execution and annual review.
THE CITY WILL PROVIDE REGIONAL LEADERSHIP AND SUPPORT ON ISSUES IMPACTING THE BROADER COMMUNITY
RC 5.1: The City will establish and support a regional forum among local government entities to discuss issues that transcend jurisdictional boundaries
- RC5.1.1: The City will investigate issues of regional interest (i.e. Water quality standards, watershed, ground water, adequate housing, etc.) and join or form appropriate partnerships.
ALIGN ADVISORY BOARD STRUCTURE WITH STRATEGIC PLAN
RC 5.1: The City will review its system of advisory boards to ensure policy advice is properly aligned with the adopted Community Strategic Plan
- RC5.1.1: The City will evaluate and review current advisory boards for alignment with the strategic plan.
- RC5.1.2: The City will prepare Code amendments as needed to implement identified alignment changes.
ALIGN MUNICIPAL POWERS OUTSOURCE GRANT PROCESS WITH STRATEGIC PLAN
RC 6.1: The City will publish annual Strategic Plan Goals to be addressed through MPOG allocations
- RC6.1.1: The City will review its MPOG process to align with the Strategic Plan.
THE CITY WILL PLAN RESPONSIBLY FOR THE FUTURE
RC 7.1: The City of Twin Falls will prepare for growth by developing and updating critical plan documents, collaborating with local/regional partners, and matching resources to state & federal mandates and increasing demands for service
- RC7.1.1: The City will develop a Pressurized Irrigation and storm water management plans and appropriate modeling tools.
- RC7.1.2: The City will develop and implement a City Fleet Master Plan.
- RC7.1.3: The City will review growth, and update the Wastewater Facility Plan and Transportation Master Plan.
- RC7.1.4: The City will maintain the wastewater collection and water distribution system models, and utilize these models in the review and update to the Water System and Wastewater Collection Master Plans.
- RC7.1.5: The City will review growth, and update the Comprehensive Plan as scheduled or as changing circumstances warrant.
- RC7.1.6: The City will review and update the Parks Master Plan as scheduled or as changing circumstances warrant.
- RC7.1.7: The City will review and update the Airport Master Plan as scheduled or as changing circumstances warrant.
THE CITY WILL MEASURE AND REPORT ON ADVANCEMENTS OF THE STRATEGIC PLAN
RC 8.1: The City will regularly measure Strategic Plan progress by implementing a formalized performance measurement plan and report progress to the Council
- RC8.1.1: The City will initiate a program for the ongoing review of progress on Strategic Plan Goals and initiatives.
- RC8.1.2: The City will prepare and publish a report on the Strategic Plan performance at least annually with presentation to the City Council in April as an initial step in the annual budget process.