CREATE AND IMPLEMENT A COMPREHENSIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PLAN
PC1.1: Create a process for community input supporting the development of the economic development plan
- PC1.1.1: The City will develop a stand-alone digital platform for economic development initiatives.
- PC1.1.2: The City will support ongoing maintenance of digital platforms to ensure up-to-date information.
- PC1.1.3: The City will provide resources to conduct effective business and retention and expansion activities.
PC1.2: Create and implement a housing action plan
- PC.1.2.1: The City will survey local associations to establish baseline assessment for existing inventory.
- PC1.2.2: The City will meet with key employers to discuss anticipated needs.
- PC1.2.3: The City will collaborate with regional service providers to develop a written strategy.
PC1.3: Create and implement a workforce development plan
- PC1.3.1: The City will leverage state and federal resources to implement the correct programs locally.
- PC1.3.2: The City will connect local education resources to meet industry needs.
- PC1.3.3: The City will partner with businesses and organizations to promote talent attraction to Twin Falls.
- PC1.3.4: The City will explore mechanisms to enhance planned agricultural research centers to include business and entrepreneurship.
PC1.4: Support economic development by working with partners to implement infrastructure improvement projects
- PC1.4.1: Create and support stakeholder groups with common interests in system improvements.
REVITALIZE DOWNTOWN TWIN FALLS
PC2.1: The City will provide leadership in the creation of partnership for revitalizing downtown
- PC2.1.1: The City will adopt and amend appropriate building and zoning codes that support revitalization of historic structures.
- PC2.1.2: The City will create forums in which the downtown business community can come together to plan and coordinate with one another.
- PC2.1.3: The City will continue to support events which activate and enliven downtown.
PC3: Provide public services that support travel and tourism
- PC3.1: The City will seek opportunities for air service improvements and economic development opportunities associated with the airport.
- PC3.1.1: The City will expand utilities to support economic development around the airport.
PC3.2: Use tourism as a tool for Economic Development
- PC3.2.1: The City will develop a strategy to create a community event space to support the region.
- PC3.2.2: The City will develop a strategy for the future use of parks and public spaces for the attraction of tourists.
- PC3.2.3: The City will support community partners who host sporting contests and other community events that promote Twin Falls.