THE CITY WILL BE A PARTNER IN A BROAD-BASED FOCUS ON COMMUNITY HEALTH
HC1.1: The City will provide and maintain facilities that support healthy lifestyles through the implementation of the Parks and Recreation Master Plan
- HC1.1.1: Seek opportunities to expand trail systems as a way to promote healthy and active lifestyles.
- HC1.1.2: Identify and make plans to acquire property for a community park, as defined by the Parks & Recreation Master Plan.
- HC1.1.3: Develop and implement a comprehensive maintenance plan for the City’s park and recreation facilities.
- HC1.1.4: Develop and implement a capital improvement plan for desired amenities to existing parks and recreation facilities.
- HC1.1.5: Work with the development community to acquire future neighborhood park sites that are strategically located to meet the community’s needs and the recommendations identified in the Parks & Recreation Master Plan.
HC1.2: The City will provide facilities, programs, and services that support healthy lifestyles
- HC1.2.1: Expand recreation and aquatic programming to meet the needs of our diverse community, including our active adult population (55+).
- HC1.2.2: Work with partners to promote programs and services designed to build a culture of well-being and target specific health needs.
- HC1.2.3: Continue to gain input and respond to public interest and community partners in emerging healthy lifestyle facilities and activities.
- HC1.3: The City will explore options for creating a community recreation center.