Water Meter Reading
All users pay each month for the water supplied through their water meters. Weather conditions prohibit the reading of meters during the winter months of December, January and February. For this time period, water usage is estimated based on usage at the same residence during December through March of the previous year. Sewer bills for residential use are based on metered water use up to 8,000 gallons.
Residents are asked to keep a three foot area around the meter clear of obstructions such as shrubs, vehicles, trash containers, etc.
- Base rate for usage up to 2,000 gallons: $11.06 per month.
- For residential use that runs over 3,000 gallons up to 150,000 gallons: $1.76 per 1,000 gallons
- For residential use that runs over 150,000 gallons up to 10 million gallons: $0.79 per 1,000 gallons
- For residential use that runs over 101 million gallons and above: $0.60 per 1,000 gallons
In addition, as of July 1, 2010, each water bill has an extra charge of $10.75 in order to cover the cost of reducing arsenic in the city's water system in order to meet the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) standard.
- Base rate: $22.53
- For every 1,000 gallons: $0.59
- The bill is capped for residents at $27.27 or 8,000 gallons
Pressurized Irrigation Rate
Residents who have pressurized irrigation are charged for half of their property.
- Non-potable water through pressurized irrigation: $0.001733283 per square foot
- Customers who use treated water through pressurized irrigation: $0.002039158 per square foot