Watering Times & Conservation Schedule
All city water customers are required to comply with the water conservation ordinance from the city code. Restrictions include the following:
- All irrigation systems must be maintained in a manner that promotes efficient watering and limits leaks or damage to the system that would cause flow of water beyond property lines.
- Application for an Alternate Water Management Plan (PDF)
- Application for Exemption for a New Lawn (PDF)
Subdivisions that use pressure irrigation for watering may be on a different schedule if they are connected to canal water. Those residents who follow a different schedule than the one listed below should have been contacted by the Engineering Department with a letter advising homeowners of the alternate schedule.
For more information on pressurized irrigation click here.
Your watering schedule for pressure irrigation on canal water follows your address:
- Even numbered addresses ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 water on even numbered calendar days.
- Odd numbered addresses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 water on odd numbered calendar days.
You may water at any time during the 24 hours of your day.
Your watering schedule for city water follows your address:
- Even numbered addresses ending in 0, 2, 4, 6, 8 water on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Odd numbered addresses ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 water on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
Watering with city water will only be allowed on appropriate days before 10:00 am or after 5:00 pm.