Building Safety Department
The Building Department’s purpose is to protect the public health, safety and welfare in all new and existing structures, residential and commercial, and on all existing premises by enforcing minimum code requirements.
Provisions of these codes relate to plumbing, electrical, mechanical, life safety and safety from fire and other hazards. Various activities of the Building Department include:
- Conducting inspections of new commercial and residential construction including, alterations, additions and detached accessory buildings
- Educating the public concerning safety, health and welfare in the building environment
- Issuing building and various related trade permits
- Processing of permit applications for all types of construction
- Providing assistance to developers, contractors and citizens relating to building code requirements
- Regulating the occupancy of existing structures and premises and helps to evaluate requirements based on use and occupancy type
- Reviewing of commercial and residential construction plans
To request an inspection, call the following numbers:
Building Inspection 208-735-7333 TF Building Department Office 208-735-7238
Plumbing Inspection 208-735-7299 TF Fire Department 208-735-7236
Mechanical Inspection 208-735-7289 Planning & Zoning 208-735-7267
Electrical Inspection 208-735-7235 Engineering Inspection 208-735-3446
Building Review Timelines
Customers are encouraged to complete our online customer satisfaction survey to help us provide the best possible service.
Please Read Before Requesting an Inspection
- Please call 208-735-7333 when requesting an inspection. Please have permit number, property address, contact name, contact phone number and type of inspection that you are requesting ready when calling this number. Incomplete inspection requests may not be scheduled.
- Certificate of Occupancies will be signed, processed and issued in the order they are received and could take up to 3 business days to process.
- Inspection requests received after 12:00 a.m. (Midnight) will be scheduled for the next business day.
- Inspections are generally done in the order they are received; however, concrete inspections are given a priority. If you are requesting a concrete inspection you can request either an AM inspection (between 8:00 a.m. & 12:00 p.m.) OR a PM inspection (between 1:00 p.m. & 4:00 p.m.). Concrete inspections are required to have property lines marked with string, minimum depth of 12” and built as per City approved plans.
- Depending on the number of inspections on a given day, inspectors will continue their efforts to accommodate with unusual situations that require our services on a timelier schedule. Inspections ordinarily occur between the hours of 8:00 a.m. & 4:00 p.m., excluding observed holidays.
- Prior to requesting a framing inspection all rough-in inspections for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fireplace, shear, fire alarm and fire sprinklers must be completed and inspection card onsite must be signed off. It is also required that you have all windows and doors sealed and vertical and horizontal penetrations fire blocked.
- Prior to requesting a building final inspection all final inspections for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, firewall, fire sprinklers must be completed and inspection card onsite must be signed off.
- Re-inspection fees are only charged if an inspection has failed more than (1) time for the same issue. The fee of $50.00 must be paid prior to scheduling a re-inspection. For options on how to pay this fee please call 208-735-7238.
**NO WORK SHALL BE DONE UNTIL PERMITS ARE ISSUED**
|Fri, January 01, 2021||Thu, November 11 2021|
|Mon, January 18, 2021||Thu, November 25, 2021|
|Mon, February 15, 2021||Fri, November 26, 2021|
|Mon, May 31, 2021||Fir, December 24, 2021|
|Mon, July 05, 2021|
|Mon, September 06, 2021|