Every second counts during an emergency, so it's important to ensure that your home or business is properly addressed with the correct street number. It's also important that your address is unobstructed and easily visible from the street. In short, think like your visitors.

Ensure that your assigned street address is posted on the upper-right side of your home or business that is facing the street. Addresses should be unobstructed and well-lit at night. Please use contrasting colors so your street address can be more easily seen during an emergency.

Think like someone who is visiting your home for the first time. Can they easily find your address from the street? Or can it be difficult to see?

Emergency Clock

Residential Addressing_Attached Garage

Addressing Dettached Garage

Addressing Sizes Depend on Distance

Homes that are setback from city streets are required to post larger street addressing, which helps emergency responders more easily locate you in an emergency. Address size is based on distance from the center of the street to the residence or business.

  • Homes or businesses up to 50 ft. from the center of the street street should post addressing with numbers no smaller than 4 inches.
  • 51 to 100 ft. from the street should post addressing no smaller than 6 inches
  • 101 to 150 ft. from the street should post addressing no smaller than 8 inches
  • 151 to 200 ft. from the street should post addressing no smaller than 10 inches
  • Homes or businesses setback greater than 200 ft. should post addressing no smaller than, and no lager than, 12 inches

Emergency Keyholder Information

The City of Twin Falls Emergency Dispatch Center may need to contact key holders for local businesses in the event of an emergency. To assist our emergency personnel, please complete the contact form or contact the Emergency Dispatch Center.

More Than Just a Marker or a Mailbox

If your home is set back from the street where the address is not easily visible, please mark your mailbox, driveway, or entryway with your street address. High-contrast or reflective numbering is strongly encouraged.
Entryway Signs

Report Missing Street Signs

Street signs can improve response time and ensure the correct location. If you notice your street sign is missing or damaged, please report it by calling Twin Falls Public Works Department at (208) 736-2226.

Fire Prevention and Safety

The Twin Falls Fire Department's Fire Marshall provides fire prevention and safety tips for households and businesses. See the Fire Marshal's top tips to prevent the house, business, or brush fires in our community.

911 Tips for Youth and Seniors

When every second counts, it's important that you and your family know what to do when contacting 911. Please take a moment to read through these simple suggestions to help us get there fast and provide the assistance you need.

Who to Call:

In the event of severe weather, please DO NOT CALL 911 to report utility outages. Please call the proper number listed below:

POWER OUTAGES: To view power outages, view Idaho Power's online outage map. You can also call 208-388-2323 or toll-free 1-800-488-6151. If we are not aware of the outage, we ask you to report it so we may work to get power restored. You can report the outage over the phone.

DOWNED TELEPHONE LINES: To report a down or damaged CenturyLink line if you see a damaged telephone pole, wire, cable or pedestal, call us at 800-244-1111.

DOWNED CABLE LINE: To see if there is an outage in your area, or to report a down line or service interruption: 
If you are a Sparklight customer, please call 1-877-692-2253. Enter your phone number or account number. If there is a temporary service outage in your area, you will hear an announcement. If you wish to report an outage, please hold the line and a representative will be with you shortly.

DOWNED POWER LINES: If you encounter a downed power line, stay as far away from it as you can — at least 100 feet. Contact Idaho Power immediately at 208-388-2323 or 1-800-488-6151.