Citizen Services
Click to Home
Go To Search
Emergency Notification - Off
People Serving People
The City of Twin Falls does not require general business licenses, however some specific types of businesses require licenses and there are general requirements for business compliance.

General Requirements
  • Businesses must meet zoning requirements for the location and business taking place. The Land Use Matrix includes zoning districts and land uses and indicates if a use is permitted, prohibited, or requires a Special Use Permit to operate.  The location must meet building and fire regulations by receiving a certificate of occupancy prior to operation of the business.
  • Signs are permitted separately and may require a permit from the Building Department.
  • No business is permitted to have outdoor amplified music or address systems unless approved by special use permit
  • The hours of operation for a retail business are restricted to 7:00 am to 10:00 pm unless other hours of operation are approved by a special use permit.
For more information about specific licenses and fees, please view the business licenses table.