The Twin Falls Fire Department responded to a report of a possible structure fire at the 100 block of Lincoln Street at about 6 p.m., Wednesday, May 2. Three engines and 11 firefighters arrived at the residence where they saw smoke coming from the attic.
After determining that no one was home, firefighters forced the front door open to gain access. Firefighters performed a search of the residence and found a fire in the attic that was determined to have been caused by an electrical wiring issue. Firefighters had the fire under control at about 6:30 p.m.
No one was injured in the fire and the cost of damages to the home is believe to be about $15,000.
The Twin Falls Fire Department would like to remind residents to check smoke detectors at least once a month and batteries should be replaced at least once or twice a year. A good way to remember to do this is to change your batteries when you change your clocks for daylight saving time.