TWIN FALLS POLICE DEPARTMENT
WESTERN DAYS PARADE
Saturday - June 3rd, 2017
The annual Western Days Parade is scheduled to begin this year on Saturday, June 3rd, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.
Falls Avenue from Blue Lakes Blvd North to Harrison Street will be closed from 6:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. This area is closed in order to provide a staging location for the parade floats.
Addison Avenue will also be closed from Harrison Street to Elm Street from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
Blue Lakes Boulevard North from Falls Avenue to Shoshone Street/Addison Avenue will be closed from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. (The right, southbound lane of Blue Lakes Blvd. North in this section will be closed at 6:30 a.m. for the Spirit of Magic Valley Half Marathon and 5k race)
Shoshone Street from Addison Avenue to 2nd Avenue South will be closed from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. (The right, southbound lane of Shoshone Street in this section will be closed at 6:30 a.m. for the Spirit of Magic Valley Half Marathon and 5k race)
The parade route is as follows:
Starting Point: Falls Avenue at Frontier Road
1st leg - East from Falls Ave. at Frontier Rd. to the intersection of Falls Ave. and Blue Lakes Blvd. North.
2nd leg - South from Falls Ave. at Blue Lakes Blvd. North to the intersection of Shoshone Street at Blue Lakes.
3rd Leg –Southwest from Shoshone at Blue Lakes to the intersection of Shoshone at 2nd Ave. South
Dispersal Point: 100 and 200 blocks of 2nd Avenue South.
Numerous police agencies and citizen volunteers have agreed to help with traffic control along the parade route. The Twin Falls Police would like everyone to be aware of the following:
- As in previous years, all vehicle traffic will be blocked from crossing both Blue Lakes Boulevard North and Shoshone Street from approximately 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The practice of rerouting traffic is done to ensure the safety of the large amount of pedestrians along the parade route and to permit the parade floats to move unobstructed. If you will be traveling during the time of the parade, please plan your route accordingly.
- In the past, there have been instances in which small children have been injured after running onto the roadway to gather candy thrown to them from passing floats. The Police Department asks that all parents attending the parade watch their children closely and restrain them from running onto the roadway. All of the parade participants in the parade have been informed that throwing candy from their float is not allowed.
- In order to prevent parking congestion, please park your vehicles two to four blocks away from the parade route. Be careful to allow yourself enough time to walk to the parade route and please do not block the driveway to any home or business. There will be no parking allowed in the 400 and 500 block of Shoshone St. East and Shoshone St. North.
- The truck route will be diverted during the parade. Please see attached map.
- We ask motorist driving into the City of Twin Falls from the Perrine Bridge area to plan ahead. All through southbound traffic on Blue Lakes Blvd. North will be diverted to the east at Falls Av. East. We recommend that all motorists use alternate routes before entering the parade area, utilizing Pole Line Rd. to travel either to the east or west side of Twin Falls. We recommend all truck traffic traveling through Twin Falls to go West on Pole Line Road to Washington Street North or to remain on Pole Line road to Highway 93; or travel east on Pole Line Road to Eastland Drive, then south to Kimberly Road. This will allow traffic to avoid street closures.
Thanks for keeping safety in mind and we’ll see you at the parade!
Sergeant Ryan Howe
Twin Falls Police Department