At approximately 6 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 29, the Twin Falls Fire Department was dispatched to 450 Pheasant Road West for a residential structure fire. Four trucks and 11 firefighters were dispatched to the scene.
When firefighters arrived, they found smoke coming from inside the home. Firefighters entered the home and located the fire in the living room area. The fire was brought under control at approximately 6:10 p.m.
There were no occupants in the home at the time of the fire. The fire is estimated to have caused about $25,000 in damage to the home. It is still being investigated by the Investigation Task Force.
The Twin Falls Fire Department would like to remind residents to test all smoke alarms each month by pressing the ‘test’ button. Batteries should be changed each time you change your clocks for Daylight Savings, and smoke alarms should be replaced at least every 10 years.