The Twin Falls Fire Department responded to a report of a structure fire at about 5:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 27 at the 400 block of Gardner Avenue. When firefighters arrived on the scene they found flames coming from the front door, side window, and attic of a duplex unit.
One battalion and three engines responded to the fire, and Rock Creek Fire District also provided assistance.
Firefighters entered the residence and immediately began working to extinguish the fire while searching for occupants. It was determined that all occupants were able to exit the residence. The fire was under control at 5:45 a.m. but fire crews remained on the scene to extinguish hotspots. No injuries were reported.
The apartment suffered extensive fire and smoke damage; however, the quick response by Twin Falls Firefighters prevented the fire from spreading to the other unit in the duplex.
The Twin Falls Fire Department would like to remind all residents to check their smoke detectors regularly. If it has been more than one year since you last checked your smoke detector, please plan to change the batteries and test the detector soon.