Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Twin Falls Fire Department was dispatched to a report of a structure fire at the 400 block of Diamond Avenue at about 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, July 15.
While responding to the structure fire, a Twin Falls Police Officer was at the location who reported flames coming from the roof of the residence. When firefighters arrived, they entered the residence to confirm that there were no remaining occupants or pets in the building.
One individual was in the residence when the fire started, but she was able to exit the building without injury and contact emergency responders. Twin Falls Firefighters were able to knock down the fire and have it under control by 11:32 p.m.
The individual will be staying with relatives until repairs are made to the building. The cause of the fire was determined to be an exhaust fan in a bathroom that overheated or had an electrical short. There were no smoke detectors inside the residence.
Three fire engines and a brush-fire truck with the Twin Falls Fire Department responded to the fire, as well as Magic Valley Paramedics and officers with the Twin Falls Police Department.
The Twin Falls Fire Department would like to remind residents to ensure that homes are equipped with smoke detectors, and to replace the batteries and check smoke detectors at least once a month.