Residents of the City of Twin Falls are invited to a community discussion at 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 23, regarding the Facility Enhancement Plan for Harmon Park, Frontier Park, and the Oregon Trail Youth Complex. The community discussion will be held at Twin Falls City Hall located at 203 Main Ave East.
The “Facility Enhancement Plan” is a 5- to 10-year planning tool to enhance current and future programs and facilities, and it’s the first step to ensuring that city buildings, restrooms, playing fields, and other facilities meet the current and future needs of residents in the City of Twin Falls.
All city residents are encouraged to attend and participate. Those planning to attend are encouraged to RSVP with Stacy McClintock, City of Twin Falls Recreation Supervisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-736-2265 by Monday, Jan. 20. Light snacks and refreshments will be provided.
Parks and Recreation Department Quick Facts:
- Last year there were more than 27,000 rounds of golf played at the Twin Falls Golf Club
- More than 7,000 youth and adults participate in city recreational programs each year
- The Parks Department manages more than 1,650 acres for citizens and visitors
- Shoshone Falls and Dierkes Lake parks attract over 300,000 visitors each year
- The City Pool provides services for more than 60,000 users annually.