News Flash

Latest News

Posted on: December 2, 2019

Twin Falls Fire Department Responds to Saturday Night Apartment Fire

Saratoga Fire

The Twin Falls Fire Department responded to a structure fire at the Saratoga Apartments located on Saratoga Drive at about 9 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 30.

When firefighters arrived, the occupant led them to an upstairs balcony where there was a small fire remaining. The occupant had used fire extinguishers to control the fire before firefighters arrived.

“The occupant had used several fire extinguishers prior to our arrival, which she learned to use at one of our Fire Department community training events,” said Battalion Chief Mitchell Brooks, Twin Falls Fire Department.

Three fire engines were dispatched, which extinguished the remaining fire and then searched the building for damage. There are a total of eight apartment units in the building but only one was damaged.

It was determined that the cause of the fire was a discarded cigarette.

With Christmas and the Holidays approaching, the Twin Falls Fire Department would like to remind residents to check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, equip homes with fire extinguishers and know how to use them, and remind youth about fire danger and how to respond.

Facebook Twitter Email