Contractors with the City of Twin Falls will begin resurfacing several high-traffic streets in the area of Addison Avenue and Shoshone Street beginning Tuesday, July 23 through Aug. 9. While work is being done on the roadways, contractors will also replace ADA ramps.
The resurfacing will consist grinding down the upper layer of existing asphalt, and then placing a new layer of pavement in its place – also known as ‘mill and inlay’. To reduce the impact on traffic, resurfacing projects on Shoshone Street and Addison Avenue will take place at night.
The tentative schedule of mill and inlay projects on Addison Avenue, Shoshone Street, Locust Street and Stadium Boulevard include the following:
- Monday, July 22, work began at the City Pool parking lot. Crews will remove and replace concrete curb, gutter, ADA ramps and sidewalk before milling and repaving the entire parking lot beginning Monday, Aug. 5.
- Friday, July 26, contractors will begin replacing ADA ramps on Stadium Boulevard between Eastland Drive North and White Pine Drive. Contractors will begin milling and repaving this portion of Stadium Boulevard on Friday Aug. 2.
- Monday, July 29, contractors will begin milling and repaving Shoshone Street between Second Avenue N/E and Seventh Ave N/E.
- Tuesday, July 30, contractors will begin milling and repaving Addison Avenue East between Eastland Drive and Hankins Road.
- Beginning Thursday, Aug. 1, contractors will begin milling and repaving Locust Street North between Filer Avenue East and Wilmore Avenue.
Questions concerning this project should be directed to Josh Baird, City of Twin Falls Staff Engineer, at 208-735-7323.