- City Manager
- Diversity Committee
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Provide advice and assistance on topics related to inclusion and diversity;
- Serve as advocates by building, engaging, and mobilizing positive strategies of inclusion and increased civic engagement;
- Serve as a conduit of communication between community members and City administration and staff, highlighting challenges as well as opportunities;
- Build trust, relationships, and partnerships with various communities to better understand and identify barriers and further the goals of the strategic plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Focus on promoting and fostering a neighborly community in which all individuals are treated equally, constructive ideas and opinions are valued and work is done in the spirit of cooperation and respect;
- Work to increase community awareness and education related to issues of diversity and inclusion;
- Assist in improving communication among members of the community and city leaders by serving as a resource on matter related to diversity and inclusion;
- Develop and recommend ongoing events and opportunities to engage with marginalized groups within Twin Falls;
- Work to create collaborative partnerships with community organizations that are already doing work on diversity and inclusion in Twin Falls and engage in existing and ongoing events and opportunities through these partnership.
- Lead and participate in community listening sessions throughout Twin Falls designed to encourage constructive dialogue among city leaders and staff and members of historically underrepresented and marginalized communities;
- Create an informed, responsive, and inclusive relationship in order to encourage engagement in volunteer and service opportunities for members of marginalized communities;
- Strengthen and coordinate responses to requests and concerns within the community regarding issues of diversity and inclusion.
Apply to Serve on the Diversity Committee
The City of Twin Falls provides a convenient online application form for residents of Twin Falls to apply to serve on City committees. Please complete and submit the form here [LINK].
2021 Schedule (PDF)
Community Partner Support Groups
The Committee will meet twice per month. One meeting will be held at City Hall, publicly noticed, and streamed on the city website. Official meeting minutes will be kept and publicly posted. This will be considered the business meeting of the month and will take place at a regularly scheduled date and time, ensuring maximum participation. Additional meetings may be held at the discretion of the Committee members. The City Council will be kept informed about the Committee's work through regular reports from the City Manager. The City Manager and Committee will make an annual report of accomplishments and an annual work plan to City Council and the community.
The Committee shall consist of no less than five (5) and no more than nine (9) volunteers who are passionate and reflect the diversity of Twin Falls and provide representation from a reasonably broad spectrum of the community, including but not limited to diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, and other ideologies. Members will be selected by the City Manager. Members must live, work, volunteer, worship or be enrolled in school within the City of Twin Falls. The Committee will also include members of City staff, who will serve in an ex-officio, non-voting capacity.
Each Committee member will serve a 3-year term to coincide with the City’s fiscal year, which is Oct. 1 through Sept. 30. Memberships will be staggered so that no more than one-half of the members will be newly appointed each term. The first members will be appointed as follows: three (3) will be appointed for a one-year term, three (3) will be appointed for a two-year term and three (3) will be appointed for a three-year term. No member may serve more than two (2) full terms or six (6) consecutive years on the Committee.