Join the TFPD
Looking for a Few Good Women and Men
The Twin Falls Police Department is looking for the best and brightest individuals to work within our organization. We are looking for people who have a sense of commitment and want to make a difference in their community.
The goal of the TFPD is to provide the highest level of professional service to the citizens and visitors of Twin Falls. A career with the TFPD offers challenge, excitement, teamwork, great pay and benefits, job satisfaction, opportunities for special assignments, career development and promotion.
As members of the TFPD, our officers positively impact society and enhance our city's quality of life. We take tremendous pride in our high standards for employee conduct and work ethic. Our officers are here because they love being part of a terrific team. They love to solve problems for others; and they want to provide victims with the means to find justice.
At the TFPD, it is important to us that our employees grow professionally. That is why we provide many ways for them to advance and develop their careers. Working for a department that is as progressive as the TFPD can be very rewarding. One of the greatest rewards is the fact that officers can experience different assignments and opportunities during the course of their careers.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the of application and a U.S. Citizen. Position requires high school graduation or equivalency; valid driver’s license; good written and oral communication skills; good reading comprehension skills; emotional intelligence; problem solving; and that ability to successfully complete testing requirements. Police officers must have the ability to function on a day-to-day basis without close supervision or assistance. The department is looking for officer candidates who are community minded with a service orientation.
Our selection process consists of:
- Personal Evaluation Profile
- Oral Interview Board (Due to current public health concerns, we will be utilizing Skype for these interviews).
- Physical Agility Test
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Testing
- Complete Background Investigation
- Command Staff Interview
- Medical Exam and Drug Screen
The hiring process typically takes two to three months. Applicants may be eliminated during any phase of the testing process.
Twin Falls Police Department FY20-21 Salary Table: https://www.tfid.org/DocumentCenter/View/4969/Police-FY-20-21-Salary-Table-OCT-1-003
Years of service are granted for completed years, no credit is given for partial years of service. To be eligible for the lateral program you must be a sworn law enforcement officer whose primary duty is to perform patrol and/or detective functions with a public agency. No credit will be given for corrections, military policing, or private contract work.
The current benefit package consists of:
- Uniform, weapon, and leather gear.
- Medical insurance through Select Health offering a High Deductible Plan or a PPO Plan (subject to the provision of the Wellness Program) is provided for the employee and his/her family, effective the first of the month following approximately 60 days of employment.
- Dental Insurance is offered through Delta Dental or Willamette Dental, and is effective the same day as the health insurance. A small co-pay for dependent coverage is available at the employee’s option and expense.
- Life Insurance with coverage in the amount of $25,000 for the employee is provided at no cost. The employee may purchase additional coverage, should they so desire.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Retirement plan through PERSI (Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho) that is based on a cost-sharing participation. Currently police/fire members are required to contribute 8.81% of their monthly income to this plan.
- Sick and Vacation Leave.
- Holiday Hours are added to vacation leave balance.
New officers are assigned to our Patrol Division and can expect to work a 12-hour rotating shift (0600-1800 or 1800-0600); including days, nights, weekends and holidays. Each officer is assigned to one of four patrol squads. The Patrol Division is the primary provider of police services to our community and is considered to be the backbone of our department. While many officers choose to remain in patrol for many years, others seek promotions or transfers to specialized units after only a few years in the field. All new City employees serve a 12-month introductory period. Terms and conditions of employment can be changed depending upon cost, funding, and overall policy direction.
If you are ready or know someone that is ready to help make a difference, Join Our Team!
For additional information contact email@example.com or call (208) 735-7251.