The City of Twin Falls contracts with PSI Environmental Systems for waste collection, and disposal containers are provided to each occupied residence within the city limits. Residents are billed for trash collection services in their monthly utility bill, which may also include billing for water, sewer, and recycling.
Waste Collection Rates
The City of Twin Falls currently contracts with PSI Environmental Services for trash pick-up. Residential customers are billed through the city at a rate of $16.90 per month. The rate includes the following:
- Landfill charge: $3.97 per month
- Residential charge for sanitation: $12.93 per month for once-a-week pick up
Waste Collection Schedule
- View the Trash Collection and Recycling Schedule.
When one of the following holidays falls on Monday through Friday, garbage collection will be delayed one day. Normal service resumes the following Monday.
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Memorial Day
- New Year's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
Things to Remember
- Please place blue garbage carts on a level surface on the curb, or in the alley, by 7 a.m. for same day collection.
- Please return carts to a secure location near your home after collection service. (Southern Idaho has frequent high winds.)
- Do not place carts within three feet of fences, mailboxes, water meters, or parked vehicles.
- Additional bags may be collected at no additional charge, but they must not be heavier than 35 pounds each.
- Large blue garbage carts may be filled to a total weight of 200 pounds. Please ensure the container lid closes when filled.
- Shrubs and twigs should be tied in small bundles that are shorter than three feet in length. Maximum of six bundles per week.
- General household trash
- Lawn clippings
- Leaves, weeds, and small yard debris
- Trees that weigh less than 50 pounds and are cut into sections of less than 3 feet in length
- Automobile bodies or parts
- Construction materials including:
- Scrap lumber
- Wood shavings
- Dead animals
- Discarded dirt from construction or lawn renovation
- Flammable items
- Tree limbs larger than six feet in length or heavier than 50 pounds
- Unbagged animal waste
For more information, please contact the Utility Department by calling (208) 735-7250 or (208) 735-7249.